Monday 25 August 2014

Daffodil Day/ Tacos Night

T'was a beautiful day filled with love and happiness, flowers and an awesome pen for my dearest because, "I remember last year i bought their pens and they were sooo smooth..." Ahhh... Too Cute

Well actually, Daffodil day was on Friday and had a "date night" planned beforehand on Thursday night. Sweetest guy on the planet knew I was prepping for Daffodil day at work... fitting since cancer does strike older people more than any other age group so he decided to suprise me with some Daffodils *aahhhhhh*. My heart melted since I'm a hopeless romantic that loves cutsie made-for-movies type of shit like that.





We (mostly I,) made the best tacos from chicken and pork mince, corn and pumpkin (because I loveeee my carbs) and tried to go a lil healthy so made a fruit salad. Now mind you I'm used to cooking for more than 4 people so the servings were quiet large and after 2 (or maybe 5?) glasses of wine during the week I dont remember how or when I passed out from a food comma...



I think we enjoy our food a lil too much... hopefully in the near future we actually start healthy eating/ exercise routine or I see us being a morbidly obese couple. Yes, there is something wrong with that unless its due to medical reasons ie cancer treatment medications.





Speaking of Cancer research, I am glad to say my work raised a whooping $7000 on the day which is huge for us all going to cancer research. Pat on the back Mimz.

No comments:

Post a Comment